[Sugar-devel] Sugar bundleBuilder

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 10:25:36 EST 2013


I may be understanding my problem better now. In the three Activities I had
trouble with the locale directory was in .git.  I never heard from anyone
that it was not supposed to be there.  In the old bundlebuilder that used
MANIFEST I had the locale directory in the MANIFEST.  Maybe the thing to do
is do a git rm on the locale directory, commit and push it, then run
setup.py again.

There are chapters in "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" that describe
packaging an Activity, using Pootle, and distributing the Activity.  It
looks like some of the stuff in these chapters is no longer true (I'd like
to think it was all true at one time).  I'd appreciate it if you and Alan
could look over these chapters and identify anything that needs revision.
I don't want the book to lead anyone astray.

James Simmons

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 5:25 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> The .mo and the .linfo files should not be in git anyway, right?
> Gonzalo
> On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <
> alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I found a problem with bundlebuilder (sugar-toolkit) when use "dist_xo"
>> out
>> of git. The locale folder adds twice times the same .mo and the same
>> .linfo.
>> The problem is easy solved, but exist some ways.
>> Basically: when execute the command, the .po are compiled. After, when
>> no git -> use list_files function (that returns all files including the
>> locale
>> folder files).
>> In the package function, the files of get_files_in_git are add to the .zip
>> After, the locale files are again added:
>>     def package(self):
>>         bundle_zip = zipfile.ZipFile(self.package_path, 'w',
>>                                      zipfile.ZIP_DEFLATED)
>>         for f in self.get_files_in_git():
>>             bundle_zip.write(os.path.join(self.config.source_dir, f),
>>                              os.path.join(self.config.bundle_root_dir, f))
>>         locale_dir = os.path.join(self.config.source_dir, 'locale')
>>         locale_files = list_files(locale_dir, IGNORE_DIRS, IGNORE_FILES)
>>         for f in locale_files:
>>             bundle_zip.write(os.path.join(locale_dir, f),
>>                              os.path.join(self.config.bundle_root_dir,
>>                                           'locale', f))
>> I have installed "python-sugar-toolkit-0.96".
>> Some .XO can have bigger size due to this issue.
>> Regards!
>> Alan
>> _______________________________________________
>> Sugar-devel mailing list
>> Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
>> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/sugar-devel
> _______________________________________________
> Sugar-devel mailing list
> Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/listinfo/sugar-devel
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/attachments/20130304/f96120f3/attachment.html>

More information about the Sugar-devel mailing list