[Sugar-devel] Bundle builder changes broke gtk2 activities

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 10:30:13 EDT 2013

On 29 June 2013 16:20, Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > see this bug for a log
> >
> > http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4527
> >
> > sugar-activity imports sugar3 stuff, so far that didn't cause gi to be
> > imported I think, but with Daniel changes that's now the case.
>
> I didn't change bundlebuilder and I can't immediately think what would
> have broken this. The log doesn't say much, as far as I can see. Have
> you investigated further?

 Sorry bundlebuilder wasn't quite accurate. It's ActivityBundle. If you
start sugar, then modify

build/out/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gi/__init__.py

adding a raise Exception. Then start any activity you get

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/dnarvaez/sugar-build/build/out/install/bin/sugar-activity",
line 37, in <module>
    from sugar3.bundle.activitybundle import ActivityBundle
  File
"/home/dnarvaez/sugar-build/build/out/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/sugar3/bundle/__init__.py",
line 20, in <module>
    from gi.repository import Gio

That breaks gtk2 activities.