[Sugar-devel] Is PyGame already installed on real XO ?

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 28 04:54:18 EDT 2013

Finally I've just understood how is orgranized the GCompris project :

   - the boards implementations are written in C language, under the
   src/boards folder
   - the xml definition of the board is defined in boards/
   chess_movelearn.xml.in
   - the pieces are in the boards/chess

Now I am trying to understand :

   - how is the individual Chess MoveLearn is bundled from the overall
   GCompris sources
   - if I can easily change the chess board behaviour, just for Chess
   MoveLearn, particularly in order to highlight some cells (either by a blink
   or using a special color), and - for the theory part - to animate pieces on
   the board. (Though I think it can be better to use a child window instead
   when teaching pieces movement : so the animations would be managed in this
   child window).

Regards