[Sugar-devel] Unstable releases

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Thu Jun 27 08:06:37 EDT 2013

2013/6/26 Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2013 at 5:47 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> If people are fine with that, I will try to make the 0.99.0 release myself,
>> automating things a little, with the goal of reducing at a minimum the work
>> involved. I'm not going to be able to write per module release notes and
>> such, but I guess having the tarballs is better than nothing.
>
> Yes, no need for release notes. There is already a release script
> somewhere that makes the rest almost effortless - ask Manuel.

Yes, there is a release script in this repository:

https://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-tools

So to release:

./sugar-tools/release

It automatically increases the version.  But If you want to be sure,
you can pass it to the script:

./sugar-tools/release -v 0.99.1

Just one note: for the sugar component, SUCROSE_VERSION needs to be
manually incremented before release.  See commits like
5d1837e3d9bf794801b14aa590e5a793265bd76a .

--
.. manuq ..