[Sugar-devel] rethinking your icon customization patch

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 07:41:18 EDT 2013

On 20 June 2013 13:28, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding our broken decision-making process, the problem I have is
> less that we don't reach consensus than that the discussions are
> happening very late in the process. We had, for example, had an email
> from our release manager months ago about the features proposed for
> this release. That was the time to question whether or not this
> feature should be accepted. To wait until now is not fair to the
> person, in the case, Ignacio, who has been working hard on his
> implementation. It is fine to give technical criticism at this point,
> and I think that discussion has been fruitful, but in my opinion, we
> really need to be more forthcoming earlier in the process about the
> features themselves.

I agree about this. I was about to bring it up a couple of times myself but
I didn't want to kill the discussion. Fortunately that's a problem with the
process and it can be more easily addressed than the general consensus
issue.The next time we have a feature discussion we should make sure it's
clear that once a decision to include a feature has  been made, it has been
made... This is probably release manager responsibility, bad me :)