[Sugar-devel] rethinking your icon customization patch

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 06:16:38 EDT 2013

On Thursday, 20 June 2013, Simon Schampijer wrote:

> This thread is about the technical solving of the issue, did we agree on
> making this change, really? I am not at all convinced.

The technical solution proposed here has pretty strong implications on the
feature though. It becomes completely optional being an activity. That
might affect our decision on making the change or not.

We do have a problem agreeing on changes. Most of the time the outcome of
these threads it's at best unclear. We can always rely on maintainers
making the final decision, but it would be nice if we was able to build
consensus instead.

What do people think about my proposal with adding a picture/drawing per
> kid that is part of the Palette then? We can see if we want to transfer
> this compressed to the other users to have that available in the
> neighborhood views. But we would have the same issue with the modified icon
> that is proposed here.

Will kids care about customising something which is hidden most of the time?

--
Daniel Narvaez