[Sugar-devel] About customization of xo icon

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 04:21:32 EDT 2013

On Sunday, 16 June 2013, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

> I think we should decide if changing the xo icon is a feature we _really_
> want
> include in sugar.
>
> I am not sure if add too much value, but probably can add confusion,
> more if is applied in all the places where the xo icons is used , like the
> actual
> implementation do. May be we can limit the change to only the favorites
> view?

Can you elaborate on where/why it would be confusing?

> About the change in the control panel, in the past we tried to not add
> more items,
> like in the case of the proxy configuration, and that was a feature needed
> in some
> deployments.

 In general I'm for having as little preferences as possible and in my
usage I tend to stick with defaults. Though I think a bit of customisation
doesn't hurt. I'd rather have the proxies automatically configured for me
and ways to tweak a bit the sugar appeareance...

--
Daniel Narvaez