[Sugar-devel] Use ObjectChooser filtering by activity

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Thu Jun 13 12:12:22 EDT 2013

2013/6/13 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> On 13 June 2013 17:58, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> What you think about switch to filter by all the mime type the activity
>> selected can open?
>

> I suspect the reason we are filtering by generic type is just that the code
> was initially written for the journal, which exposes a filter by generic
> type in the UI. We need to somehow support filtering by a list of
> (non-generic) mime types. Then activities should just filter by the mime
> types they support.

Right, the Journal has filters for generic types like "Image", "Text",
and for activities.

I think each one has a good user case.

Activity filter example: you are looking for the drawings you did but
don't mind the pictures you took.

Generic example: you are looking for an image to add to FotoToon,
either a drawing you did with Paint or a picture you took with Record.

The proposal is to extend the list of generic types?

--
.. manuq ..