[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Automatic activity updates

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 05:56:01 EDT 2013

On 13 June 2013 07:56, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 01:54:24AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> > Yes, but somebody should provide patches, and do any change needed
> > when the maintainers do the review, to be sure we have the quality
> > needed upstream.
>
> Maintainers could do this themselves if they wanted to.

They could or they could have other priorities, which I suspect is the case
here.

> I'd caution against change given the stability of the feature in the
> dextrose deployments.

These patches needs to be reviewed, like any other patch that makes it into
the sugar code base. Even assuming they are rock stable, it's not just
matter of stability but also of code quality, how do they integrate with
existing code etc. If reviewers feels like they are not able to review them
in the form they have been submitted, someone needs to refactor them. No
way around that.