[Sugar-devel] ClassroomBroadcast x11vnc install problem

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Wed Jun 12 18:07:02 EDT 2013

When first installed, the path is

/home/olpc/Activities/VNCServer.activity/bin/i586/x11vnc

but the server stops unexpectedly.

After downloading and installing the below, as per George’s advice (using –nogpgcheck because it was unsigned)

http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/x11vnc-0.9.13-3.fc17.i386.rpm

the path is now /usr/bin/x11vnc

and the VNC Server Activity works fine! I tested with UltraVNC Viewer on a Windows laptop over the WLAN.

Thanks all,

David