[Sugar-devel] 0.100 features update

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 12 17:30:58 EDT 2013

On 12 Jun 2013, at 21:55, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 4:50 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 12 June 2013 22:47, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> This is actually pretty important to at least one deployment. We
>>> should try to come to consensus here. (I am agnostic about the
>>> technical approach, but pretty fanatic about the pedagogical impact.)
>>

>> Maybe someone summarizes the points of agreement and disagreement and we try
>> to restart from there?
>
> There was some disagreement about the implementation since I tried to
> tiptoe around the existing code to minimize changes, so there was more
> redundancy than necessary. Easy to address.
>
> There was dissatisfaction expressed about the UI design, but never any
> alternative suggestions put forward.

My concern is that we don't confuse people even more in the main Sugar UI, especially at the younger end of our users. Favourite/List view and Journal/Detail view already cause some confusion when returned to from else where when they are in an unexpected state. Do we have any mockups/sketches of what has been proposed to land?

Regards,
--Gary