[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Automatic activity updates

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Wed Jun 12 15:18:30 EDT 2013

+1
Very nice idea and very good analysis of drawbacks of the old updates
process.

	Lionel.

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 16:42:11 -0600
From: Daniel Drake <dsd at laptop.org>
To: Sugar Devel <sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org>
Subject: [Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Automatic activity updates

Hi,

Over the last few months I have been slowly developing a much needed field
feature, the final piece in the "automatic system upgrade"
puzzle. Now I am getting close, I would like to open the formalities...

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Automatic_activity_updates

At this point I've iterated the design once or twice and implemented most of
this locally. I will hopefully publish the full patch series in the next
couple of weeks.

I understand this is too late for 0.100. What I would hope for is a review
and (after feedback) merge into a master branch before the end of August.
Then I will run a live field test and send in any necessary refinements.
This would then likely be deployed large scale in Nicaragua at the end of
the year or the start of the next.

Comments welcome.

Thanks
Daniel