[Sugar-devel] [FEATURE] Automatic activity updates

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Tue Jun 11 18:42:11 EDT 2013

Hi,

Over the last few months I have been slowly developing a much needed
field feature, the final piece in the "automatic system upgrade"
puzzle. Now I am getting close, I would like to open the
formalities...

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Automatic_activity_updates

At this point I've iterated the design once or twice and implemented
most of this locally. I will hopefully publish the full patch series
in the next couple of weeks.

I understand this is too late for 0.100. What I would hope for is a
review and (after feedback) merge into a master branch before the end
of August. Then I will run a live field test and send in any necessary
refinements. This would then likely be deployed large scale in
Nicaragua at the end of the year or the start of the next.

Comments welcome.

Thanks
Daniel