[Sugar-devel] [GSoC] Implement help mechanism for activities using Mallard - Update

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 11:46:17 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 6:19 PM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> Ok.
>
> You need look at a mechanism to generate the index.

Since markdown is only for the source, I don't think it is necessary, an
index would be useful when we are going to display the help using Mallard.
What do you think Gonzalo?

> Right now, index.markdown is almost empty, probably because was not used a
> rst standard,
> but a sphinx extension:
>

> https://git.sugarlabs.org/~callkalpa/help-activity-content/callkalpa-help-activity-content/blobs/4ef6675c1322b8a5ab7e37dfaade498a9edd6bc8/source/index.markdown
>
> Also, we need a method to generate the html content (a script is ok)

It can be done from pandoc itself and pandoc is available in stable repos
of many popular distros (including fedora). That will be useful.

> Can you create a page in the wiki, like [1]
> to document your work?

Hope this would do http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/GSoC/2013/MallardHelp
I will keep on adding more info as I progress.