[Sugar-devel] Gtk3 sugar on Android

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 11:07:23 EDT 2013

I made some decent progress on this. I have a tool that will build an F19
chroot (tested on Fedora, but supposed to work on any distro where you have
yum packages).

https://github.com/dnarvaez/broot

Must be installed in system path. Then create a dir with a manifest like
this

dnarvaez at dnarvaez:~/android-sugar$ cat root.json
{"path": "root",
 "packages": ["weston"],
 "distro": "fedora"}
}

And run

sudo broot create

To step inside the chroot

sudo broot shell

On the android side there are good building instructions, make sure to
select the x86 build with launch.

http://source.android.com/source/building-running.html

Busybox needs to be added to the stuff we build

dnarvaez at dnarvaez:~/android$ cat .repo/local_manifests/busybox.xml
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
<remote name="busybox-android"
        fetch="git://github.com/Gnurou/"/>
<project path="local/busybox-android"
         name="busybox-android"
         remote="busybox-android"
         revision="master"/>
</manifest>

Now ideally we would

emulator -partition-size 4096

The option is necessary to have enough space to copy the fedora root.
Unfortunately while the option works fine for arm builds it seems to go in
some kind of lseek infinite cycle on x86 :/
So I'm a bit stuck there. I should probably figure out how to mount an usb
disk rather than making the system image bigger.

After that I would use

adb shell stop
adb push tar_of_the_root /system/

Unpack the tar and chroot into it. Got most of that working on arm, except
the x86 chroot wouldn't work there of course :)