[Sugar-devel] developer.sugarlabs.org index

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Sat Jun 8 11:55:05 EDT 2013

On 8 June 2013 17:11, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:

> The index link can also be inside a site header, which can be
> consistently in every page of the developer site.  We can use this
> image:
>
> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/images/e/e2/Join_Developer_BW.png
>
> Can also be the favicon :)

The way I'm doing this is to add an extra to docker and hacking stuff around

#sidebar_switch {
    display: none;
}

function(){
    var origSwitchTab = switchTab

    switchTab = function (tab) {
        origSwitchTab("headings");
    }
})();

Nice eh? :P

It should be easy to insert that link wherever we want. Do you think the
image is enough or should it have text too?

Perhaps inside the sidebar it would be cleaner layout wise, though if you
have it hidden... Tough I'm not sure it make sense to hide the sidebar for
the introductory docs (it's useful when you have code on the side). Maybe
we just disable the hide thing..