[Sugar-devel] Gtk3 sugar on Android

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 08:50:40 EDT 2013

On 5 June 2013 14:43, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> On 06/03/2013 01:15 PM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It seems like things are coming together pretty nicely for a port of gtk3
>> sugar on Android.
>>
>> * libhybris is making progress
>>
>> http://mer-project.blogspot.**fi/2013/05/wayland-utilizing-**
>> android-gpu-drivers.html<http://mer-project.blogspot.fi/2013/05/wayland-utilizing-android-gpu-drivers.html>
>>
>> * Gtk3 has been ported to wayland.
>>

> There is still work left to do for the wayland backend [1][2]. I gave it a
> quick try under F19 and the bits Matthias talks about (decorations) did not
> land yet. Sounds like quite bleeding edge still.

Yeah, the whole thing is very bleeding edge. But I don't see blockers to
get this working (I might if I actually tried :P)... And in X months you
can be pretty sure that these ports will be completed without us doing work
on them.

The more uncertain piece is libhybris, I'm not sure how much of a bad hack
it is. The fact that WebOS, Ubuntu and Sailfish OS are all going with that
approach gives me a bit more of confidence though.