[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] Running gtk2 activities in the latest sugar-build

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Jun 3 07:03:50 EDT 2013

On 3 June 2013 12:58, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 10:59 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > What do you mean with revoke support?
> >
> > I removed support for gtk2 activities from sugar-build because I wanted
> > simplify things a bit. The new html stuff added a lot of dependencies and
> > modules, it was getting out of control.
> >
> > But nothing other then sugar-build changed, in respect to gtk2. Any
> reason
> > you can't use the Fedora sugar packages?
> >
> > IMO it doesn't make sense to keep working on gtk2 activities. They
> should be
> > ported first. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure there are people that
> > disagree.
>
> But does removing it allow continued testing of them to ensure there's
> no regressions/breakages when developing?

The thing is that we was only building the gtk2 stuff, no test was
performed on it. Being mostly python it's very unlikely you would find any
regression that way.

We had some gtk2 tests early in sugar-build development, but I had to
remove them because they was being too unreliable. And  I don't feel like
investing time on gtk2 tests at this point.