[Sugar-devel] Usage of sugar-build

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Jul 25 11:15:29 EDT 2013

I finally got sugar-build working on Fedora 19 last night.  I plan to
update "Make Your Own Sugar Activities!" to discuss this.  Some stuff I
plan to include:

How to use "visudo" to edit the "sudoers" file to allow your account to
install RPMs using sudo.

How to install "gcc" and "python development", which are required for
"osbuild build" to work.

How to use "Ctrl-Alt-F2" to open a virtual terminal, which you will use to
run ./osbuild run.  Using "Ctrl-Alt-Fkey" to go from the Sugar environment
to your Python development environment.

Running multiple copies of sugar-build as different users to test
collaboration with just one PC.

Using the older version of Sugar which runs in a window, and why the
current one does not use a window (problems with keystrokes being
intercepted by Xephyr, etc.)

Avoiding the "Shut Down" option in sugar-build, because it actually shuts
down the machine.  Using Alt-Shift-Q to quit the Sugar environment.

Speculation on what will happen with future RPM distributions of Sugar.
Will there still be a menu option under "Education?"

Anything else anyone can think of?

James Simmons