[Sugar-devel] [sugar-build] Phasing out Fedora 18 support

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 14:53:39 EDT 2013

It's not a change. Since I announced it, the policy with sugar-build has
been to support only the latest version of a distro.

If you want to change that you will have to figure out how to resource it,
I'm personally not interested in maintaining support for multiple distro
version if not for a short time to allow people to upgrade... It's already
complicated enough as it is.

On Tuesday, 2 July 2013, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
> Like with the remove of gtk2 toolkit,
> this change will do our life a bit more difficult.
> Should be good wait at least a few months,
> and discuss this decisions with the community.
>
> Gonzalo
>

> On Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com<javascript:_e({}, 'cvml', 'dwnarvaez at gmail.com');>
> > wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> we have been supporting Fedora 19 for a while but it was only really
>> released today.
>>
>> That's only version we are now listing in the documentation and I turned
>> off the Fedora 18 buildbot. I plan to keep Fedora 18 working for a
>> couple of weeks or so, to give people the time to upgrade.
>>
>> If you are tired of building webkit go ahead and upgrade now :)
>>

>> --
>> Daniel Narvaez

Daniel Narvaez