[Sugar-devel] Want to play with html activities?

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 14:18:30 EST 2013

Hi,

we are still at the very beginning but development is going fast. It
would be awesome to have activity authors step in as soon as possible,
so that we can add stuff as needed and get early feedback. If you want
to write an activity it's pretty easy to get started:

git clone git://git.sugarlabs.org/sugar-build/sugar-build.git
cd sugar-build
git checkout html
make

Take a look to source/htmldemo for an activity template, we will add
more features there as they become available. Let us know about your
work. Send bug reports, feature requests, ask for help on the mailing
list or on irc.

Coming up, roughly in that order:

* Ability to close the activity window from js.
* Buildbot instance for the html branch
* Documentation on how to write an activity.
* Initial implementation of a toolbar widget.
* Support to run the activity in a web browser.
* Support to run the activity as an android application.

--
Daniel Narvaez