[Sugar-devel] Hacking onto the "appearing" and "hiding" of OSK

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Wed Jan 23 01:20:55 EST 2013

Hi all.

I wish to fix the bug, where some activities (Chat, Terminal, Speak for
instance) are rendered unusable in the ebook-mode, due to the OSK covering
the area of text-input.
I have figured out a generic working solution for this - the idea is to
minimize the activity windows when the OSK appears, and move back to the
normal size when the OSK disappears.

I have tested the re-sizing the windows; however, to make the fix  work
everywhere, I was thinking of the following algorithm ::

a)
Just before/after the OSK appears, make the current window smaller.

b)
Just after/before the OSK disappears, revert the current  window to its
original size (if not already).

This requires a way to know when and how the appeareance/disappearance of
the OSK is triggered.

How can this be done? I am sure there must be some gobject-signal for this
- I just can't seem to figure it  out by manually browsing the code, since
I don't personally  have a  XO4-Touch with me :-(

Regards,

Ajay Garg
Dextrose Developer
Activity Central: http://activitycentral.com