[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Oopsy-1

forster at ozonline.com.au forster at ozonline.com.au
Mon Jan 21 01:17:02 EST 2013

Kartik

Thanks for creating this Sugar Activity, well done.

Some comments, the users may be very inexperienced programmers so anything that helps them is worthwhile. The list of example programs on the left require a double click to load, Sugar does not generally have double clicks so this fooled me for quite a while. Is it possible to change it to load on a single click?

Is it possible to trap the error when gcc is not installed and give more detailed instructions on how to install gcc?

ASLO instructions say yum install gcc. In many OS versions you require sudo. Can the instructions reflect this? I think there are a million kids in Uruguay without sudo? Is there any way for them to install gcc?

Thanks
Tony