[Sugar-devel] [PROPOSAL] Inform the user when an activity is being installed and more

Agustin Zubiaga Sanchez aguz at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jan 12 14:31:28 EST 2013

Hi everybody,

Now, if we download or copy a .xo to the journal, it is installed
automatically and doesn't informs to the user that the activity is being
installed.
We could show an alert with a countdown to tell the user that one activity
will be installed and give the option to cancel this installation. That
alert can appear on the journal (when we copy a .xo from a external device)
and in Browse when we are downloading one (instead of the alert which
appears when the file is fully downloaded).

And could be good to show the summary and another information about the
bundle on the detail view of journal.

What do you think about?

Cheers,
aguz