[Sugar-devel] We have a problem: activity._shared_activity

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Tue Feb 26 14:08:40 EST 2013

After reading the information about Write ticket sl#4436 "Making
collaboration work again"
(Thanks Ajay!) I decided check what other activities use
activity._shared_activity,
and this is the list:

[gonzalo at localhost honey]$ grep -r "\._shared_activity" * --include=*.py

calculate: (shareable_activity.py)

distance: (activity.py)

maze: (olpcgames/mesh.py)

memorize: (activity.py)

physics: (mesh.py)

pippy: groupthink/sugar_tools.py and pippy/mainline/pippy_app.py)

portfolio: (PortfolioActivity.py)

record: (collab.py)

speak: (toolkit/activity.py)

stopwatch: (activity.py)

tamtam: (JamMain.py)

turtleart: (tacollaboration.py and gnome_plugins/collaboration_plugin.py)

write: (AbiWordActivity.py)

This is only in the activities distributed by default!

I have filled http://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4446 to coordinate the fix
in the activities.

Please maintainers, we need your help with this issue.
The fix is trivial, but need be tested and will need new releases.
If any of the maintainers does not have time available,
tell us and we will try to help.

As a lesson, we should avoid use private properties....

Gonzalo