[Sugar-devel] setup.py not including bookcatalog.txt in Read Etexts XO file

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 22:24:34 EST 2013

I just updated my laptop to the latest release of Sugar so I could test my
latest xo file for Read Etexts.  What I discovered is that when you enter

./setup.py dist_xo

the file created does NOT contain bookcatalog.txt, even though that is
listed in MANIFEST but does contain .gitignore which is NOT in MANIFEST.
The activity needs to contain bookcatalog.txt to work.  This file is NOT in
the Git repository.  It needs to be recreated from files downloaded from
Project Gutenberg and PG Australia.  It doesn't make sense to put it into
Git because it is a data file.  However, Read Etexts won't work without it.

In the past setup.py always put this file in my .xo and I'm wondering why
it isn't doing it now.

Thanks,

James Simmons