[Sugar-devel] Better resolution for the Preview image - Re: Sugar Digest 2013-02-02

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Mon Feb 4 09:43:01 EST 2013

> Definitely. Better resolution for the preview image is something I
> always wanted to see. I remember the topic appearing once in a while
> since I joined the project.  Main reason against is the disc space
> limitations in XO-1 hardware.
>
> Current size is poor 300 x 225 px.  That is 1/4 of XO resolution, 1200
> x 900 px.  Maybe we can bump it up to 1/2 XO resolution 600 x 450 px,
> then we can easily make a thumbnail of 300 x 225 resizing the preview
> by a half.

While we are here, I propose add a API to get the preview image size,
a few activities create custom preview images, and the size is harcoded.
(right now, w=style.zoom(300) h=style.zoom(225))

Probably have the posibility of define it in gconf or similar is a good
idea.
Then, if a deployment have concerns about space size,
can use the actual image size.

Gonzalo