[Sugar-devel] From GConf to GSettings

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 18:10:45 EST 2013

For both activity-specific and plugins-specific settings we could probably
do something like this

http://askubuntu.com/questions/251712/how-can-i-install-a-gsettings-schema-without-root-privileges

We could add an helper to toolkit to setup the schema. Hopefully it would
be possible to also integrate this with the gsettings override mechanism
which would allow deployments to provide different defaults.

This is more complex that just using ConfigParser or json of course.

I don't have a strong feeling about what direction we should take. I
wouldn't rush this though, because it's adding new API that we will have to
support. As far as I know we can keep using GConf for this kiind of
settings until we have a good alternative.

--
Daniel Narvaez