[Sugar-devel] [support-gang] Sugarizer, a taste of Sugar on any device

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 20 12:09:15 EST 2013

Very nice! I tried them all. The little animation tutorial for the Gears Activity was especially nice. This is a great start on something a lot of us have been talking about. Having it be web/server based is a great solution to a lot of problems.
How difficult will it be to add things like Turtle Blocks, FotoToon, Labyrinth and the like? These are the kind of Activities that will make it really useful for learning. Things that can be used for a lot of different subjects and levels would be the most useful. As someone said on another thread, we need to do a survey to find out what Activities are the most helpful for learning. For example...
A few years ago the teachers in Uruguay were all raving about "Labyrintino." Later, when some of us were there for Ciebal JAM, I asked an 8-year-old boy what his favorite Activity was… guess what? Labyrintino! This mind mapping tool helps students organize information and present it in ways that are easy to see and understand. One large bulletin board at a school there was covered with print-outs of student made Labyrinth projects. You could see that a lot of higher-level learning was taking place.
Does anyone want to join me in a "survey" project? We can keep it simple. I can put together a few easy questions. We could use Google Docs to keep track of our findings. I can work on getting responses in English and Spanish. Others can fill in with French and other languages. Any takers?
So…. thanks for doing this Lionel!
Caryl