[Sugar-devel] About bug notation in commit headers

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Thu Dec 19 07:36:09 EST 2013

In the past, we used to add in the first line of the commit message
the bug number, with the prefixes SL or OLPC, depending on if
the ticket was in bugs.sugarlabs.org or in dev.laptop.org.
The reference in the first line was useful to find the connection,
by example when you do git log --oneline

Many moons ago, olpc team moved all the work related to sugar and
activities,
to sugarlabs bug tracker, then right now the prefix is not needed anymore.

Now, we have magic rules to close a ticket if the "Fixes #number"
is found in the header.

https://github.com/sugarlabs/sugar-docs/blob/master/contributing.md#bugfixing

The rule works in the first line too.

Then I propose:

* Continue using Fixes # without prefixes.
* Use it in the first line of the header.
* Modify documentation to request this.

What you think?

Gonzalo