[Sugar-devel] Frequent buildbot check failures in sugar-web

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 12:37:28 EST 2013

On 13 December 2013 20:56, Code Raguet <iraguet at activitycentral.com> wrote:

> Only on the first save().
>> Using getEnv().defaultTimeoutInterval = something we could increase the
>> timeout for all the datastore tests or even for all the tests. I'm worried
>> it would get a bit annoying for development to always have a big timeout...
>

> Perhaps we should do as in env.js...
> Adding anachronistic unit-tests (tests that check the logic in isolation,
> mocking and stubbing the external services and deps) that would run faster,
> hence lighting the development process. Also, moving those heavier tests
> (whose check through the actual implementation) to another file that,
> developers would run after a long round of development (before pushing, for
> example) or just leaving that job to buildbot.
> Therefore, we would have the benefit that the current tests give (keeping
> big timeouts, may be) without delaying developers.

Yeah, perhaps we need to start distinguishing unit tests from integration
tests, with the second not being run by default (the test which runs/stops
every activity is another example of integration test).

With that as medium term plan, I think just bumping timeout length on the
short time to fix buildbot is fine.