[Sugar-devel] Porting the application I started (chess_learning) to Web application

laurent bernabe laurent.bernabe at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 19:23:46 EST 2013

Hello everyone,

as some may know, I am building an app on sugar gitorious :
https://git.sugarlabs.org/learnchess/learnchess_1

But I am facing some psychological strange difficulties :

   1. First, I started it as a web application
   2. Then I gave it up and made it a GTK3 application
   3. Now, I "dream" of making it a web application again.

Here is my reasons for making it defenitively a web application :

   - Gtk3 is a very hard programming technology
   - Web application are moderns features that all the team added in order
   to make developpers live simpler
   - We can use Javascript libraries, among maybe thousands ones :)

And here is some issues I was facing when developping in web applications :

   - my laptop screen is rather in a ration of 16/9, instead of just 4/3 :
   not ideal for the tests
   - some pictures used for the project (png/jpeg ?) seemed blurred.

Has anyone be faced with the last two issues ? How did you hold it ?

Thanks in advance