[Sugar-devel] Frequent buildbot check failures in sugar-web

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 17:36:27 EST 2013

On 12 December 2013 20:11, Code Raguet <iraguet at activitycentral.com> wrote:

> what about this?
>>
>>  Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File
>> "/home/broot/sugar-build/build/out/install/lib/python2.7/site-packages/jarabe/frame/devicestray.py",
>> line 35, in __init__
>>     mod.setup(self)
>>   File
>> "/home/broot/sugar-build/build/out/install/share/sugar/extensions/deviceicon/battery.py",
>> line 256, in setup
>>     bus = dbus.Bus(dbus.Bus.TYPE_SYSTEM)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/_dbus.py", line 100, in
>> __new__
>>     bus = BusConnection.__new__(subclass, bus_type, mainloop=mainloop)
>>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/dbus/bus.py", line 122, in
>> __new__
>>     bus = cls._new_for_bus(address_or_type, mainloop=mainloop)
>> DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound: Failed to connect
>> to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory

Took me a while to figure that out, missing system dbus daemon on the
slaves... I installed it and added to the list of requirements in
sugar-buildbot. sugar-build should probably also test host requirements
like this one

Let's see if we get other errors now though, I suppose it might fail to
find some service and complain.