[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Network view refresh button

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Dec 11 10:21:47 EST 2013

+1

The networking / collaboration stack is big and complex, and interact with
power management and timing issues,
in ways difficult to solve for all the cases.

Dextrose used (and we include in AU image) a patch to disable
suspend/resume
while a activity is being shared [1] and the associated ticket [2] show how
complex is the issue.

I think be we should include this patch, and disable suspend/resume when
the user is in the neighborhood view too.

Gonzalo

[1]
https://github.com/godiard/au1b_rpms/blob/master/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/0001-Inhibit-suspend-while-a-activity-is-shared-OLPC-1036.patch
[2] http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/10363