[Sugar-devel] Frequent buildbot check failures in sugar-web

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 15:54:38 EST 2013

On 10 December 2013 20:47, Code Raguet <iraguet at activitycentral.com> wrote:

> Hello, list!
> quick-master is failing in almost every build since last Sunday (Dec 8).
> I'd like to fix this and get back to green.
>
> I'm not able to replay this failure locally, has anyone a failing local
> env?

Not me :/

> full-master has been running successfully (3 times) since quick-master is
> broken, so, I wonder:
>
> - might this issue be a quick-master specific environment issue?
>   - perhaps a dirty build artifact or remains?
>   - is possible to force an "$ ./osbuild clean" on quick-master?

I'm going to first reboot and test. Then clean disk artifacts and test.
I'll let you know how it goes.

> Another approach:
> quick-master is failing within sugar-web module, the test that reports
> failure is not new and suga-web hasn't changed since quick-master started
> to fail, therefore:
>
> - have been changes in  sugar-web/python contract? (this is a possibility,
> but it feels like an envirinmental issue, IMHO)

I suspect it's an environmental issue. It started to fail more or less
randomly since I reinstalled the slaves... I don't think I have changed
anything in the OS, maybe I had increased memory on the old slaves, but 1
GB seems like it should be enough (or we have a problem I guess :P).

Would you like to have access to the slaves so you can play? I'm a bit
swamped these days and I've been trying to look into it but never really
found enough time yet :/