[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Frame icon to take a screenshot

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Tue Dec 3 13:17:43 EST 2013

Nice to see this finally being implemented!

Let me refer to the feature page:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Display_Device

And summarize the discussion we had past year:

http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2012-August/039152.html

- the device should be named "My Display", goes well with "My Battery", etc
- we agreed in this icon for the device
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Candidate_Display_icon.jpg
- we never solved the frame status.. should we hide it? show it? add
two buttons?

I'm fine with hiding and then showing the frame, altrough it doesn't
quite follow what the shortcut does (Alt-1).

I can take care of designing the SVG icon.  The brightness control and
black/white toggle that are present in the feature page can be left
for a future addition
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/File:Mockup_Display_device_palette.jpg

Regarding implementation, I'm not sure about the busy wait that
Ignacio implemented (the while true).  But I left that for a
maintainer with more time than me :)

2013/12/2 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> Ignacio posted a patch to add a frame icon to take a screenshot. This is
> what it looks like
>
> https://f.cloud.github.com/assets/2650479/1632655/9ddcca80-577b-11e3-9378-6ac0fbaf14ef.png
>
> Should we add this feature? (I think it's a good idea, key-only features are
> not really discoverable).
>

> --
> Daniel Narvaez

.. manuq ..