[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2013-08-22

Caryl Bigenho cbigenho at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 22 21:31:35 EDT 2013

Just curious... has anyone been working on making Sugar and/or the apps available on Android devices? This was discussed some time ago, and if I am not mistaken, was to be one of this year's goals for SugarLabs.
I purchased the XO Tablet and am very disappointed in the apps on it. There is no opportunity for sharing between apps or between tablets.  Many of the apps on it require a web connection to use and the content on some won't even open unless you pay extra.  The "My Books" section is excellent with a nice collection of books in English and Spanish from the Project Gutenberg collection. There is also a small video collection with an actor reading some of Aesop's Fables that is nice too. But, for the apps in the main children's "Dream" interface section, there is very little that offers an opportunity for creative, collaborative learning like Sugar does.
Caryl