[Sugar-devel] adding a new CA root certificate

Samuel Greenfeld greenfeld at laptop.org
Wed Aug 21 14:13:02 EDT 2013

Unlike Firefox (which has its own PKI and certificate authority support),
Webkit uses the system CA database.

You therefore should add the desired CA to the directory of system CA
certificates, the location of which varies a bit by distribution and
version.

With Fedora 19 (not yet used for a XO laptop release) the new Shared
Systems Certificates feature (
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/SharedSystemCertificates) also comes
into play.