[Sugar-devel] 0.100 status

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Thu Aug 15 08:10:27 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'll join bug hunting/fixing too, specially regarding the latest bits
of sugar-web.  I've been seeing bad memory consumption from webkitgtk
processes.  Haven't filed a ticket yet.

I think the slowness is because of the switch we did in maintenance,
from people contracted by olpc, to people of the community.  The new
way will be better, but it will take time to polish the proccess, and
the success will depend on people getting involved.  For example, in
previous olpc release cycles we had images to test every week or so.
So Peter proposal is great.  If people volunteers for testing and
fixing.

2013/8/12 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> Hello,
>
> 0.99.2 is due tomorrow, and we are going freeze strings, UI and API with it.
>
> Sadly we didn't make any progress since 0.99.1. We haven't fixed any bug and
> only a couple has been reported (which probably means no one is really
> testing). I'm not sure why contributions dropped just after feature freeze.
> Fixing bugs is probably not as fun as adding features, but it's certainly
> required if we want to ship something we can be proud of.
>
> If there is anything I can do to facilitate bug fixing please let me know.
> I've been spending quite a bit of time triaging existing tickets but,
> honestly, there is not much point to continue with that work until people
> actually start fixing bugs.
>
> Even if our release process is time based, I don't think we should release
> 0.100 until quality is decent. From the little testing I've doing that will
> require a considerable amount of work.
>

> --
> Daniel Narvaez

.. manuq ..