[Sugar-devel] How everyone can help with 0.100

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 05:53:23 EDT 2013

Hello,

if you want to help out to make 0.100 a release we can be proud of, there
is something for everyone, developers and not.

* Bug fixing

Go to http://bugs.sugarlabs.org click on the "0.100 must fix" link and have
fun. More bugs will be added to the list as triage progress, but there is
already a few good ones there.

* Bug triaging

Go to http://bugs.sugarlabs.org click on the "Untriaged tickets" link. For
each we want to

- Verify that the bug is valid. Often this will involve testing. Please
close pretty aggressively, we have a long list to go, very few resources,
and a lot of obsolete bugs in the tracker. If the bug is valid change "Bug
Status" to "New".
- Make sure the "Type" field is set correctly.
- Set the "Priority" field. If you think the bug is a must fix for 0.100
make either Urgent or Immediate.

* Testing

- Grab the latest SOAS nightly
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/nightly-composes/
- If you are a developer, the latest sugar-build will do too
http://developer.sugarlabs.org/dev-environment.md.html
- Soon XO images will be made available, but no need to wait on them to
start testing.
- Report any issue you find on http://bugs.sugarlabs.org in the Sugar
component.

I hope this is enough information to get people started. Feel free to reach
out if you need help with anything!

--
Daniel Narvaez