[Sugar-devel] 0.100 status

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Aug 12 17:10:32 EDT 2013

Hello,

0.99.2 is due tomorrow, and we are going freeze strings, UI and API with it.

Sadly we didn't make any progress since 0.99.1. We haven't fixed any bug
and only a couple has been reported (which probably means no one is really
testing). I'm not sure why contributions dropped just after feature freeze.
Fixing bugs is probably not as fun as adding features, but it's certainly
required if we want to ship something we can be proud of.

If there is anything I can do to facilitate bug fixing please let me know.
I've been spending quite a bit of time triaging existing tickets but,
honestly, there is not much point to continue with that work until people
actually start fixing bugs.

Even if our release process is time based, I don't think we should release
0.100 until quality is decent. From the little testing I've doing that will
require a considerable amount of work.

--
Daniel Narvaez