[Sugar-devel] Wifi issues

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Aug 8 20:06:32 EDT 2013

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 05:01:19PM -0600, Juan Cubillo wrote:
> I'm able to see all the networks around me. Is there any way to test
> if the card is able to transmit data?

Yes, your theory of failure is reasonable.  It is possible for the
transmit path in the wireless device to develop a fault, and this can
cause networks to be visible but no connection made.

Associating with a network tests transmit.  If the association attempt
fails, the wireless device transmit path may be faulty.

You can test association in Open Firmware using another laptop.

See http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Antenna_testing for much more detail.

Ask me any questions about that page.

--
James Cameron