[Sugar-devel] po files for sugar activities

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 11:12:08 EDT 2013

On Fri, Aug 2, 2013 at 6:20 AM, Basanta Shrestha
<basanta.shrestha at olenepal.org> wrote:
> I have made some changes in translation in
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ne/glucose96/sugar.po file. I am trying to
> download this file so that I can convert it into .MO file. But when I try to
> download this file, a file gets downloaded which looks a lot like html file
> and not PO file I was wondering from where can I download the above
> translated PO file.

By going to the link you gave and downloading with the browser, you
will get an HTML mess, it won't work that way.

There are several options that will work.

1) The best choice is probably to use the "real" Pootle download link
(found by going to the project and then the Translate tab):

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ne/glucose96/export/zip

or use the individual file download links, also shown on the Translate
tab of the project:

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/export/glucose96/ne/sugar.po

PO files can be converted to MO by various means, including exporting
as MO from Virtaal:

http://virtaal.translatehouse.org/

2) Download and install the whole langpack.  Unfortunately we are only
generating the 0.98 langpacks nightly now, we've stopped creating the
0.96 langpacks, so that is not you answer.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/langpacks/0.98/

> Also, I need to translate sugar activities like getbooks, Implode, boxes,
> Wikipedia etc, but I don't see any entry for these activities at
> http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ne/fructose/. Can someone suggest where do I
> translate those activities. Please suggest how it works. Thank you.

Not all acticities are in Fructose, only the  most "core" activities
are there.  Other activities are found in the Honey and Honey2
projects.

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ne/honey/

getbooks and implode are in Honey (link above)

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ne/honey2/

I'm not sure which activity you are calling 'boxes" and Wikipedia
activities are typically custom created for a particular language by
Gonzalo Odiard.  Maybe you can talk to him about building one for
Nepali WP.  You might want to talk to Alan about creating an "I know
Nepal" geography activity.  He has made a number fo such versiosn of
the original "Conozco Uruguay" upon request and with local
collaboration.

cjl