[Sugar-devel] Web activity example that uses html5 canvas

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Mon Apr 29 22:28:36 EDT 2013

2013/4/29 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> On 29 April 2013 21:52, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Gonzalo,
>>
>> 2013/4/29 Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>:
>> > Great work.
>> >
>> > I am interested in identify (and may be track in a wiki page)
>> > what pieces are missing, because need more work or are not available at
>> > all.
>> > Touch support?
>> > Text to speech?
>> > gettext?
>> > Any other?
>>
>> My intention was just to research the graphics stuff and provide an
>> example, as many activities use cairo for it.  I don't pretend to port
>> whole Clock right now.
>>
>> For text-to-speech, maybe Sugar could provide an API?
>

> It seems like a standard is being developed.
>
> https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/speech-api/raw-file/tip/speechapi.html

Great!

> Firefox has an implementation of it apparently, not sure about webkit.

>From here: http://badassjs.com/post/40534144131/the-webspeech-api-enables-voice-recognition-and-speech

"The Speech Synthesis part of the API has not yet been implemented in
WebKit, but it appears that plans for this are already underway."

The speech recognition in chrome is awesome, but a shame that it
requires you to be online:

https://www.google.com/intl/en/chrome/demos/speech.html

--
.. manuq ..