[Sugar-devel] JournalShare v4

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Fri Apr 26 17:19:03 EDT 2013

This version have working transference of journal objects, with their
metadata, from who started the collaboration and from the clients.

Fixes the following issues:
* Download files don't transfer metadata (reported by manuq)
* Downloading images are opened on the webkit view (reported by manuq)
* Upload one file show "uploading 3 files" label.

Pending issues:
* To select one file on the server, you use the "+" button in the toolbar,
but in the client you should use the file object in a form. Is not good.
* Monitor changes on the objects on the journal, and update the page.
* Save and show who uploaded and who downloaded every file.
* Add comments from any user.

Walter pointed to 2 additional features requested by teachers:
* Share activities.
* Share the selection of favorites activities.

This version use websockets to notify the clients when new files were added
to the shared list. That part is really fast, you can see this video [1]
The upload of files use a traditional form yet, then need reload the and is
slower page.
(I am trying to upload using websockets too)
I am using tornado now for the webserver.

Download version 4

http://activities.sugarlabs.org/es-ES/sugar/addons/versions/4656

Comments are welcomed.

Gonzalo

PS: I know, I suck as web designer, if anybody want help on that, great.

[1] http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/journalshare.MOV