[Sugar-devel] Bidirectional communication javascript -local server

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 09:53:03 EDT 2013

On 20 April 2013 15:36, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I think it could work but out-of-process communication inside the same
> process is weird.

I just realized that it's not actually the same process, because in WebKit2
(and any "modern" web browser)  javascript is running in a separate process.

So this could actually be pretty good, we should give it a try :)

In an ideal world I think we would just provide minimal dbus bindings
directly in the content process, but that's quite a bit of work, and it
wouldn't allow us to reuse the presence code in the python toolkit.