[Sugar-devel] Network version of Abecedarium: why and how

Gonzalo Odiard gonzalo at laptop.org
Wed Apr 24 17:31:11 EDT 2013

Hi Lionel,
Almost 65 MB are in the html/images/database directory, I think you can
reduce the size of these images to 1/4 of the actual size, just saving as
gif or jpg and playing a little with the properties, without loosing too
much quality.
I tried with one on gimp, but you can use imagemagick or similar to
reprocess all the directory
Look:
[gonzalo at localhost abc]$ ls -l
total 152
-rw-rw-r--. 1 gonzalo gonzalo 19228 abr 24 17:59 accountant2.jpg
-rw-rw-r--. 1 gonzalo gonzalo 16029 abr 24 17:59 accountant3.jpg
-rw-rw-r--. 1 gonzalo gonzalo 21789 abr 24 17:56 accountant.gif
-rw-rw-r--. 1 gonzalo gonzalo 28391 abr 24 17:57 accountant.jpg
-rw-r--r--. 1 gonzalo gonzalo 62549 dic  9 22:57 accountant.png

(accountant2.jpg is with quality 70% and accountant3.jpg with 50%)
I don't know about the audio, but maybe is possible improve there too.

I would like have the list of words represented on these images on pootle.
I imagine many activities
can use this if is a shared resource.