[Sugar-devel] Moving to github

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 14:05:03 EDT 2013

On 24 April 2013 19:22, Ruben Rodríguez <quidam at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> 2013/4/24 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I suggest that we move to github permanently.
>
> Why not gitorious, either keeping the current one or moving to
> gitorious.org?

While it's more or less the same workflow, I think github has a more
polished user interface. Also it is a lot more popular. Chris and Manuel
explained better then me why that's important.

I'll also mention that we wouldn't introduce much of a dependency on
non-free software, it's very easy to move git repositories around. Chris is
probably right that we should avoid using their bug tracker (until they
release the source :P), it would make migrating away much more complicated.