[Sugar-devel] Chromium integration inside the sugar shell (was Re: Kicking off HTML5 activities work)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 06:55:39 EDT 2013

On 17 April 2013 12:31, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:

> Hey Daniel,
>
> I have an extension that is using management.getAll [1] to collect the
> extension info. I could not find any info about
> chrome.runtime.connectNative, it is not part of [2], do you have any
> pointers?

Hi Simon,

it's not quite documented yet and I lost the one I had wrote... sigh.

You can start from

http://developer.chrome.com/trunk/extensions/examples/extensions/native_messaging.zip

Though the python file doesn't go in the profile anymore (like the README
says).

You can use the --native-messaging-hosts option to point it to any
directory you want.

Though you also need to put a manifest.json in that directory. No docs for
that, but I had figured out the format from here

http://src.chromium.org/viewvc/chrome/trunk/src/chrome/browser/extensions/api/messaging/native_messaging_host_manifest_unittest.cc?revision=185382

We can chat about it on irc, it should not be too hard to get it working
again...