[Sugar-devel] Chromium integration inside the sugar shell (was Re: Kicking off HTML5 activities work)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 20:42:17 EDT 2013

On 12 April 2013 23:18, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Lionel,
>
> we are more or less understanding each other :) I think there are really
> three possible steps
>
> 1 A WebView with an html5/javascript based sugar-toolkit
> 2 Support for web activities along with native ones, inside a native shell

I might not have yet made explicit what a web application provides on the
top of an html page loaded in a browser, which is what we get with 1.
Taking a look to the Chromium documentation is a good way to get an idea of
it.

http://developer.chrome.com/trunk/apps/api_index.html

I'd expect those API to keep growing. The permission system is particularly
important because it allows to do stuff which would be a security risk if
done by a normal html page.

(Hopefully they will some day converge between browsers!).